Thursday 3 May 2012

Project 1 Submission (WIP) Pt. 2

Managed to find technical drawings for my building online!

I then proceeded to tracing them out using AutoCAD. It had been a while since I touched AutoCAD so it was nice to be refreshed. Progress.

The drawings I found online and the corresponding AutoCAD drawings. Quite painstaking.



Later on I tried to use Mr. Angus' method as he thought in the import CAD drawing/house modelling class but I could not remember the steps. Also, I installed the 2012 version of 3ds max. The controls there from the ones in the computer lab are different and I found it difficult to find certain functions. Therefore, I uninstalled 2012 and installed 2010.

I still could not quite get the hang of the extruding function, need more practice.

Because of that, I moved to SketchUp.



This is the first time I've ever used SketchUp. I'm amazed at its simplicity. 

The above images are where I am at right now. I extruded the walls and most of the interior.

The things I have left to do are:

1) Edit the stairs
2) Finish the roof
3) Finish railing
4) Material rendering
5) Context rendering.

No sleep tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment